Migrating Engineers from Motivity Liftdata App to Motivity Workforce App
Last Updated: Wednesday, June 26th 2019
These instructions explain how to migrate engineers from the Motivity Liftdata app for Android onto the Motivitiy Workforce app which works on Android and Apple devices.
NB - You can only do this if Appstation have updated your office system to handle this.
In Liftdata Office System
- Open the Personnel screen and click on the engineers name.
- Mobile Device ID box will have a 5 digit number in it. You need to replace this number with a Wnnnn where nnnn is their employee ID. NB - put zeros in front if the ID is less than 4 digits.
- From Liftdata Home Index menu, click on the Task menu button.
- Click Send PDA Current CSV Data. (This will get Liftdata to tell Motivity about changes to Engineer settings, Routes etc)
- You may need to wait 5 mins for the changes to take effect.
- Make sure any outstanding jobs are completed on the old Motivity Liftdata app (i.e. ones that are awaiting signature). Check that these have been received back at the office.
- Download the Motivity Workforce app from the Play Store (if using Android phone or tablet) OR the App Store (if using Apple iPhone or iPad)
- Make sure you accept any permissions questions the app asks you otherwise it may not operate correctly
- Login to the app using the engineers e-mail address and PIN that was used previously.
- If they have a service route it may take a few minutes to update the phone
- You will need to get the office to resend any outstanding breakdowns and repairs (if you have to install again these will be remembered in future)
- You can remove the old app from the device